Saturday 14 August 2010

stings and other things

The third week of the summer holidays has been a busy one, there has been a great deal of activity taking place.....although not all of it good!!!

Damian is on 2 weeks leave and has taken up the role of reggie and olives marketing manager, he has been busy as a bee.  He continues to be very bossy, giving me direction and instructions. This has helped me to focus and get lots of things done but I'm missing my bumbling along a little. 

Here he is enjoying the kids climbing ropes in the park!!

The reggie and olive blog was published and a page has been put on Facebook. So far on Facebook, 77 people like the page, I've sold 4 peg bags and we've had interest from an independent gift store (more about this later as I don't want to jinx myself before anything is set up)

6 completed peg bags

On Sunday, we had a fun day trip to Filey.....until Olive was stung by a jellyfish on Cayton Bay, so we had to come home early.


The culprit

My sewing machine jammed, so it had to be repaired and serviced and now shes running like a dream.


So, jellyfish stings, monkeying around in the park and sewing machine repairs aside, here's the progress I have made this week.

Mixed media collage pieces.







Some inspiration from the garden







I've also been working on a couple of new tote bags so I'll post up some pictures of them, once they are finished. So there we are, a very enjoyable week all things told. 

No comments: